The red velvet armchairs of the Café come from the Hotel Saint James Paris.
A bit of history…
The widow of former French president Adolphe Thiers built the elegant neoclassic building with its enclosed garden in 1892, in a residential area of the 16th arrondissement that had once been a hot-air balloon field. The mansion was a residence for scholarship students of the Thiers Foundation until 1985, when it became the Paris bastion of the Saint James Club, an English gentlemen’s club. Partly transformed into a minimalist modern hotel in the 1990s, it was bought in 2008 by the owners of the Left Bank’s Hôtel Relais Christine, who hired Franco-American decorator Bambi Sloan to begin its radical makeover in 2010.
On that occasion we bought the armchairs that were originally in the restaurant of the hotel.